Under the Telecommunications Act 1997, Optus may contract with its customers either on an individual basis, or by way of a standard form of agreement. Optus has elected to supply some of its services by way of a standard form of agreement (Standard Agreement). This means that the terms and conditions contained in the Standard Agreement documents apply to all customers who acquire that particular service.
To view the Standard Agreement documents for your Optus Service, please choose from the links below. All Standard Agreements include a Summary Standard Agreement, which outlines the main terms and conditions. You may wish to first read the Summary of the relevant Standard Agreement, and then refer to the complete Standard Agreement version if further detail is required. (Note: the documents are provided in Word format.)
Your internet service provider may 'cache' (store) web pages, meaning the documents on this site may not be the most current version published by Optus. You should check you have the most current version before relying on these documents. You can do this by calling Optus Customer Service. Optus also recommends you make your own enquiries as to whether a particular service is fit for the purpose for which you intend to use it, and you should not rely only on these documents in doing so.
Please choose which type of contracts you are interested in viewing:
- Personal Standard Agreements for services used by consumers for personal, domestic or household use only.
- Small Business Standard Agreements for services used for business purposes (except resale) by businesses or non-profit organisations (including body corporates, sole traders or partnerships) classified by Optus as small or medium enterprises.
- Business Standard Agreements for services used for business purposes by corporate and government customers classified by Optus as Optus Business customers.
- Appendices The appendices contain further information that may apply to your use of the service, such as details of certain call charges, our Fair Go and Acceptable Use Policies and some specials. The service description or standard pricing table will refer you to an appendix if it is relevant to your use of the service. The Appendix documents can relate to Personal, Small Business and/or Business products and services.
- Adverse Changes Our Standard Forms of Agreement change from time to time. Find out about changes that may have impacted you or your business.
Note: Standard Forms of Agreement do not apply to wholesale customers. Please go to www.optus.com.au/wholesale for further information about the services offered by Optus Wholesale.