Optus has an extensive network that covers Australia, and through its parent company, SingTel, reaches into Asia and beyond.
- Optus’ Transmission Network Infrastructure
For Sydney to Melbourne and Sydney to Brisbane, Optus owns fully diverse fibre.
- For Melbourne to Adelaide and Adelaide to Perth, Optus utilises another carrier network for full fibre diversity
- From Brisbane to Cairns, Optus has an exclusive agreement with Reef Networks for the supply of folded fibre ring network capacity
- Optus shares in cable systems
- APCN from Port Headland
- SeMeWe 3 from Perth
- Tasman 2 and Southern Cross systems from Sydney
- 4 satellites in orbit (C1, B1, B3 and 1st generation A3) plus planned new series D satellite.
- SDH radio backbone in Tasmania between Hobart and Launceston
- Ballarat Melbourne