Activate Your SIM Card
Otherwise, if you purchased online or over the phone, your delivered SIM should auto-activate within 4 hours of delivery.
While you wait for your new SIM to be activated: (Up to 4 hours)
- Insert your new SIM card into your device
- Periodically turn your device off and on until your SIM has activated. You will see Optus next to the coverage bars once the SIM is active.
- Change your new SIM card PIN from the default (0000)
- For mobile devices including tablets, manage your account on the go with the My Optus app
- If you have a USB modem, connect it to your computer and install the connection software. For device help, click here
If you’re experiencing SIM card activation issues, click here for help.