Optus TV feat. Foxtel: Troubleshooting
The tips below will resolve the most commonly reported issues with your Foxtel Set Top Box (STB).
Check your setup
- Check that the STB is securely plugged in and the power point is switched on
- Check that the cable connecting your STB and the wall plate is securely screwed in at each end
- Make sure you have selected the correct Input/Source channel on your TV. If the channel is correct but you still have no picture, press the Foxtel button on your remote
- Check that the Smartcard is inserted properly. The gold chip should be facing down and the arrow on the top of the Smartcard should be pointing into the STB
- Check that the cables between your STB and TV are securely connected
Reset your STB
Resetting your Optus TV feat. Foxtel Set Top Box (STB) can resolve many technical issues including malfunctions, remote control problems and user interface errors.
Switch the STB off at the power point. Make sure that you don’t move the STB when switching off the power
After 30 seconds, turn the power back on
Wait a further 90 seconds then press the FOXTEL button on your Foxtel remote to restore the picture
Consult your Quick Start Guide
See your Quick Start Guide for additional help with your Optus TV feat. Foxtel service.
If you’ve tried these troubleshooting tips but are still having issues, contact us.
Call us on 13 13 44
For additional help with your remote, see Troubleshoot your remote.