How to Backup, Reset or Update Your Windows Device
For assistance with syncing or backing up the contacts and media from your Windows Phone 7 / 8 mobile device to your Mac or PC, check out these topics...
- Backing up your Windows mobile device
- Updating your Windows mobile device
- Factory reset your Windows mobile device
How to sync/ backup your Windows mobile device
Contacts & calendars
Your contacts should automatically sync over-the-air to the email service (eg. Windows Live, Outlook, Gmail, Exchange, etc.) that was selected when you first set up your device. To confirm, log in to your selected email service on the web (eg. Windows Live, Outlook, Gmail, Exchange, etc.) and check that your contacts etc are sync'd.
Photos, videos, music & other media
- Connect your device to your computer and open the Zune application
- In your desktop Zune software, select 'Collection' > 'Pictures' (or 'Photos')
- Click 'Sync' or 'Sync All'
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 to sync your other media, (eg. Music, Videos etc.) with Zune/Your computer
Apps are automatically sync'd and linked to your Microsoft / Windows ID. Provided that you sign in with the same ID on your device then your apps should be available for you to reinstall after a reset or if you move to a new Windows Mobile Device.
Detailed assistance on app syncing/backing up is available on the Microsoft Windows Phone Support Site.
Keep in mind that an operating system update can take up to an hour and that it's normal for your device to become unresponsive during the update and installation. Don't interrupt the process until it's complete.
Update using a computer ~ Windows Phone 7 & 8
Connect your mobile device to your computer / Zune software to download the operating system update.
- Connect your device to your computer
- On your desktop, open and check that you're using the latest version of the Zune software
- Click 'Update now' or 'Install update' when your device appears within Zune
- Updates can take up to an hour, allow the process to complete before disconnecting your handset
Update over-the-air ~ Windows Phone 8 only
In addition to installing updates via Zune (steps just above), devices running Windows Phone 8 can also update 'over-the-air' via Wi-Fi or cellular. 'Cellular' means using the Optus Network and your plan's data allowance. 'Over-the-air' operating system downloads are not available with Windows Phone 7.
- Further help to update your Windows Phone 8 device is available here on Microsoft's website.
Further help to update your Windows Phone 7 device is available here on Microsoft's website.
(!) A factory reset will delete all of your third party apps, contacts, settings, photos and media. Before you reset your device, ensure that you sync and back up your data with your device's companion application, cloud service or file manager (eg. Zune desktop software or Windows explorer) (!)
- From the start screen, swipe left to your app list
- Tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'About'
- Tap 'Reset your phone' towards the bottom of the screen
- Tap 'Yes' & 'Yes' again to confirm the reset