Proof of Occupancy
If there's an active service at your new address, it can delay / prevent your new connection from being completed.
To allow your connection to proceed, Optus must sight a proof of occupancy document as authorisation to seek disconnection of another service belonging to another individual (regardless of the service provider responsible).
If you have spoken to us and we've asked for you to send a proof of occupancy document, use the email address below that corresponds with the service you wish to connect.
- Optus Cable
- New Sales: OptusActivations@optus.com.au
- Optus Direct
- New Sales and Relocations: ULL Connect Outstanding
- Optus Resale
- New Sales and Relocations: OptusResaleBackOffice
- New Sales: The appropriate email address will be provided to you by the Sales agent
- Relocations: Optus Activations
Acceptable Proof of Occupancy is:
- Lease contract
- Rental Agreement
- Contract of Sale
- Statutory declaration from the New Occupant and a utility bill e.g. rates, power, water
- Statutory declaration from the property owner and the rent receipt from the New Occupant
- Statutory declaration from the property owner and the bond payment receipt
- Letter from the real estate agent and the rent receipt from the New Occupant
- Letter from the real estate agent and the bond payment receipt
Proof of Occupancy documentation must state the following:
- Settlement date / Commence date
Note: If your name is different to your account details please include a statutory declaration or marriage certificate.