Uninstalling the Optus Call Buddy App
Important! If your device came with the Optus Call Buddy App already installed, you will not be able to remove it.
If you self-installed Optus Call Buddy there are two ways to uninstall it from your Android Device:
1. Uninstall via the App manager
- Go to your device's Settings menu > Apps or Application manager (it’s different depending on your device).
- Touch the app you’d like to uninstall.
- Select Uninstall.
2. Uninstall via the Google Play Store app
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Touch Menu > My Apps (depending on your device, your Menu icon may look different).
- Select the All category.
- Touch any application labelled "Installed," then select "Uninstall" on the app's detail page. If you want to remove an app from showing on My Apps, touch the "X" to remove apps that you don't want displayed.
No Uninstall option?
If you don’t see the Uninstall button or if you only see the option to “Uninstall updates,” then the app can’t be removed from your device. It means the app was preinstalled on the phone and can’t be removed.
A pre-installed app on your phone or tablet is known as a system app and can’t be uninstalled because they are part of the Android™ operating system running on your device. Once the service shuts down the app will still be there, you just won’t be able to use it any longer.
Important: If you are unable to uninstall Optus Call Buddy but have previously set Optus Call Buddy to be your default phone dialler, you will need to reinstate the native dialler in your phone. Please follow the below instructions:
How to return the default dialler from Optus Call Buddy to my devices native dialler
- Open your Android settings menu from your phone's home screen
- Select "Applications"
- Select "Manage applications"
- Select "Optus Call Buddy" from the list
- Under "Launch by default" section, select "Clear defaults"
There are two ways to uninstall it from your iPhone:
1. Uninstall via your home screen
- Hold your finger on the Optus Call Buddy App icon until all the icons on your home screen begin to shake (that’s the same action when you want to move or re-arrange home screen icons)
- Click the small "x" in the top left hand corner of the icon
2. Uninstall via iTunes
- In iTunes, delete the app from your iTunes applications tab.
Acknowledgments: AndroidTM is a trademark of Google Inc. Apple iPhoneTM is a trademark of Apple, Inc. All rights reserved.