Get a brand new smartphone in your pocket - your way - when you buy or lease a new mobile phone on a value-packed Optus plan.
Both options come with inclusions you’ll love: stacks of data that you can pool and share, optional entertainment extras and unlimited standard national calls and texts.
- What is Optus return policy?
Hey, we understand you might have a change of heart. So if it's not the phone you wanted and it's still sealed, just contact us within 10 days from purchase to have it returned or exchanged, free of charge**.
- Do phones come with a warranty?
With Optus you get a locally-supported manufacturer's warranty. Have a problem? We'll sort it out, without the hassle.
For more information on warranty eligibility and claims process go to www.optus.com.au/warrantyinfo
- Can I transfer my current phone number to Optus?
You can transfer or 'port' your existing mobile number to a new Post-Paid Mobile Phone service. Simply fill out the details when you purchase from us.
- How is Optus coverage in my area?
- Can I move plans if I change my mind?
Yes, however fees can apply. If a change of rate plan, upgrade or handset pay out fee applies you will be informed before committing to the change.
What is meant by 'good working order'?
The phone needs to be in “good working order” when you return it for an upgrade. This means the phone is fully functional - that is, it makes and receives calls and texts, connects to the internet, and is not physically damaged, except for normal wear and tear as reasonably determined by us. For example, the phone:
- Can power on and off.
- Has a fully functional touchscreen and battery.
- Is not physically damaged (e.g. does not have liquid damage, cracked, discoloured or bleeding screen (LCD) or casing, does not have any missing buttons or damage to other components such as charging ports or SIM tray).
- Does not have any missing, disassembled, customised or non-genuine parts (this does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law).
- Is not cracked (including the touchscreen) and does not have any severe scratches (normal wear and tear such as light marks and scratches are okay).
- Has any locking features disabled (for example, find my iPhone on iOS devices).
- Is not IMEI blocked.
- Is the phone you purchased from us under the mobile equipment plan.
You'll also need to make sure that the phone is in return condition. Make sure you back up your data and then delete your personal/confidential information. You'll also need to perform a factory reset and remove the SIM and any memory cards, plus disable all locking features. Additionally, you'll need to provide all documentation reasonably requested by us to help make sure the phone you're returning is the same phone we sold to you.