Optus launched today the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone, the first BlackBerry smartphone to operate on Optus' dual band (2100MHz/900MHz) mobile network, which covers 97 per cent of the Australian population1.
Hugh Humphrey, Director of Mobility & Convergence, Optus Business said, "The BlackBerry Bold 9700 strikes the perfect balance between a feature rich business tool and a sleek and stylish personal phone.
"With our recent announcement that the Optus dual band mobile network now covers 97 per cent of the Australian population, our customers will be able to use their BlackBerry Bold 9700 in more places. Whether travelling around Australia, on holidays with the family or en route to meetings in the CBD, our customers can now work smarter, not harder with access to the office at their finger tips," Mr Humphrey said.
Some features available on the BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone include;
- the ability to operate on Optus' dual band mobile network, allowing even more people to enjoy the power of a BlackBerry device in more places.
- the ability to balance personal and professional life with easy access to Facebook®, MySpace® and more social networking sites, text and picture messaging, improved Internet experience and more room available for applications, information and multimedia files like music, videos and pictures.
- enhanced background noise suppression technology, a next-generation (624 MHz) processor, 256 MB Flash memory, built-in GPS and Wi-Fi, and a 3.2MP camera.
Additionally business customers, using the device in conjunction with BES 5.0, can enjoy;
- improved folder management - customers can manage mail folders like on the Desktop (add, move, rename, and delete), and;
- calendar management - the ability to view attachments in a meeting request and/or calendar entry and to forward calendar appointments.
The handset will be available to Optus' Small and Medium Business customers for $0 upfront when taking a 24 month Business BlackBerry $79 Cap plan (Min cost = $1896) or for $5 per month on a 24 month $69 Business Plus BlackBerry plan (Min cost = $1776) and to Consumer customers for $5 per month on a 24 month Blackberry $79 Cap plan (Min cost = $2,016).
Optus Small and Medium Business and Consumer customers can purchase the new BlackBerry Bold 9700 online, through any Optus premium dealer or by calling 1300 301 937. Optus corporate and government customers can contact their Optus Account Manager for more information and pricing details.
For more information regarding BlackBerry on Optus, please visit www.optus.com.au/blackberry
For Optus' Business BlackBerry plans, visit www.optus.com.au/businessblackberry
Or, for details on Consumer BlackBerry cap plans, please visit www.optus.com.au/cap
Optus Corporate Affairs
Tel: (02) 8082 7850
1Optus dual band devices and coverage areas: Dual band (2100/900MHz) handset/device can provide access to 3G services in the Optus dual band coverage area. Outside these areas, service will fall back to our Optus GSM/GPRS network. A number of factors may affect coverage including location and demand on the network. For more information please go to www.optus.com.au/coverage
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.