Group Event Travel converges with Optus
01 Feb 2006
- Group Event Travel, Australia's largest Independent Group Travel Management business, has deployed Optus IP Centrex to improve productivity and customer service whilst lowering operational and communications costs.
- IP Centrex is an advanced alternative to other VoIP solutions. It permits companies to merge their voice and data communications onto a single network, which is centrally managed from the Optus exchange.
- Optus has enabled Group Event Travel to select their own IP Centrex features mix giving them greater functionality, including multimedia services such as point-to-point video calling, document sharing and unified communications - all over an integrated network.
- Optus IP Centrex is capable of terminating calls on a desktop phone or soft phone and users can control the routing of incoming calls to either of these devices or to their mobile phone.
- Optus fully manages and maintains all aspects of the IP Centrex solution service for Group Event Travel and provides it all on a single bill.
- Mobility and convergence are driving dramatic growth in IP networking with businesses connecting more users and deploying more applications over IP, according to the Optus IP Index 2005.
- Group Event Travel is among the 100 fastest growing companies in Australia and has offices in Melbourne and Sydney. Many of their staff are offsite so they required flexible communications capabilities.
Optus Corporate Affairs
Tel: 02 9342 5302