Liaison with Industry Groups
In addition to its liaison with regulatory stakeholders, Optus' Regulatory team also regularly liaises with key industry groups on behalf of the business.
These groups include:
- The Internet Industry Association (IIA), Australia's national Internet industry organisation;
- The Australian Subscription and Radio Television Association (ASTRA) which is the peak industry body for subscription television and narrowcast radio;
- The Australian Telecommunications Users Group (ATUG) which is an industry group committed to the development of fair and open competition in telecommunications services;
- Communications Alliance Ltd which aims to provide an effective forum for industry participants to work together to develop the overall market;
- The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) which is an industry lobby group that aims to represent the information industry to maximise the potential of the Australian economy;
- The Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA), a forum where key stakeholders can discuss issues influencing the development of cellular/wireless applications in Australia; and
- The International Telecommunication Union (ITU), which is an international organisation within the United Nations System where governments and the private sector coordinate global telecommunications networks and services.