Switch Your Fixed Line Phone Number to Optus
In most cases you can easily transfer your existing Home or Office Phone number to Optus. All you need to do is select a plan, check if you’re serviceable on our network and then apply.
To get started...
Your Home/Office Phone number must remain active with your current service provider during the switch over ~ !
- Select a Phone Plan or a Phone & Broadband Bundle
- Click 'See details' next to your preferred plan
- Click 'Check serviceability' Need help with the serviceability check? See this article.
We will check if your address can be connected to either the Optus Cable, Optus NBN or Optus Direct Network. The pricing for these networks are the same, however we can offer additional products like Premium Speed Packs on the Optus Cable & NBN Networks.
- Enter your Phone number for the quickest result or alternatively enter your address
- If you're serviceable, select from a range of options, including silent number, keep your number etc.
- Click 'Buy Now'
- A 'Checkout' confirmation screen will display
- Follow the prompts through the checkout screen to continue with your switch to Optus.
How long does a transfer / connection with Optus take?
The usual timeframe for a transfer or connection to Optus is 10 business days. In the event that your address has never been connected or if the telecommunications equipment in your area requires an upgrade, then the time to connect may take longer. We will advise you if that is the case.
Will a technician be required to attend?
It is likely that an Optus technician will be required to attend at your premises if you're serviceable for the Optus Cable Network.
If you're connecting to the Optus Direct Network, then technicians may be required at both your local telephone exchange and/or at your address.
We will advise you of any requirements for technician visits.
A technician is required at my address, do I have to be there?
We require the presence of an individual, who is;
- Over the age of 18 years
- An English speaker
This person does not have to be the account holder, but must be able to make decisions and sign-off on the work completion on the account holders behalf.
What happens next?
To find out more about your Fixed Phone & Broadband installation, who to call to reschedule, what equipment you'll need and what we supply etc, take a look at this article.