How to Check Your Mobile Phone Usage
There are so many ways to check your Mobile usage (as long as you have an eligible service). To check My Plan Plus Shared Data Pool usage, see this article instead. For all other plans, simply choose the way that suits you best from the topics below.
- Using your Mobile Phone: via an App, SMS or Call
- Using your PC: via My Account
- Further usage & usage meter questions
Using your Mobile Phone: via an App, SMS or Call
These options are available 24/7 and are free to use from your Optus service within Australia.
- App: Use the My Optus App
- SMS: Use the Optus SMS Menu. Postpaid: Text the number 1 (one) to 9999. Prepaid: Text the number 2 (two) to 9999
- Call: Dial 1509 and follow the prompts. Check out these articles for Postpaid 1509 or Prepaid 1509
You can get a snapshot of your usage in My Account. Click 'Show Steps' to learn how.
Select your plan from the list below:
How often is usage updated?
The time and date of the last update is shown within the usage tab, it may take up to 48 hours for recent usage to show. For this reason, the usage information in My Optus App / My Account should only be used as a guide. Your exact usage will be detailed on your monthly bill.
Why can't I see my usage?
If you can't see your service in the My Services list, you may need to
- Link the service to the My Account profile
- Log in using your My Account username and not a service number
- Check it is an eligible service for My Account
Your usage information can take up to 48 hours to show, if you've just:
- Registered for My Account
- Linked the service to your My Account profile
- Changed your plan / upgraded your service. More options become available after your first bill is issued on your new plan.
What is shown?
- Usage up until your most recent bill (to a max. of 1000 unbilled record, limited to 60 for prepaid services)
- Calls made (including the numbers dialled)
- SMS / MMS sent
- Data Use (including type and amount)
- Some feature use (e.g. Voicemail access)
- Approximate pre-GST totals
Usage records in My Account are a guide and do not represent an invoice and as such, should not be used for taxation purposes.