Yes TV by Fetch: Setup & User Guides
Getting started with Yes TV by Fetch is simple. In this article you'll find detailed instructions to set up your new service. You can also download our quick start guide or the full Yes TV by Fetch userguide.
- Before you start
- Step 1: Connect your Yes TV by Fetch to the internet
- Step 2: Connect your antenna
- Step 3: Connect your TV
- Step 4: Connect to power
- Step 5: Switch everything on
- Step 6: Complete setup & activate your service
- Further help and user guides
Which type of set top box do you have?
There are four versions of the Yes TV by Fetch set top box. The older Generation 1 box (Gen 1), the Generation 2 box (Gen 2) and the new Generation 3 (Gen 3 - Mighty) and Mini STB.
The image below will help identify which set top box you have.
Got Powerline Adaptors?
If you've also purchased the optional Powerline Adaptors with your set top box - you'll receive them in a separate package. Unpack your Powerline Adaptors and follow the quick start guide for Power Adaptors, before skipping to Step 2 below.
No Powerline Adaptors?
If you did not purchase the optional Power Adaptors, connect your set top box to your modem/ router using the Ethernet cable provided with your set top box, as shown in Step 1.
Please Note: The Mighty (Gen 3) & Mini are WiFi enabled, and do not need a Powerline Adaptor (PLA).
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the rear port labelled 'RJ45' (Gen 1 box) or 'Internet' (Gen 2 box), (Gen 3 box) and Mini
- Plug the other end into a spare port on your existing modem / router
- Unplug your existing TV antenna cable out of the back of your TV and plug it into the port labelled 'IN-ANT' or 'ANTENNA IN' on the Yes TV by Fetch set top box. Keep the other end connected to the antenna socket in the wall
- Plug one end of the supplied antenna cable into the port labelled 'ANT- OUT' (Antenna Out) on the Yes TV by Fetch set top box and plug the other end into the ANT IN (Antenna In or RF IN) port on the back of your TV
Not able to connect via HDMI? Other connection methods are available in the complete Yes TV by Fetch User Guide [PDF].
Plug one end of the supplied HDMI cable into the port labelled 'HDMI' on your set top box
Plug the other end into a spare HDMI port on your TV
- If you have more than one HDMI port on your TV, take note of any labelling on the HDMI port you use. You'll need this in Step 5
- If you wish to connect using a different cable type (eg. Composite) refer to the Yes TV by Fetch User Guide. [PDF]
Plug one end of the power cord into the power port on your set top box
Plug the other end into a power point & switch the power point on
Switch on your TV
To switch on a Gen 2 set top box, press the standby button and the red light should change to blue
To switch on a Gen 1 set top box, flick the switch at the rear, then press the standby button and the red light should change to blue
To switch on a Gen 3 (Mighty) & Mini set top box plug the end of the Power Cord into the port labelled 'Power' on the back of the STB, plug the Power Cord into a power point and switch the power ON
Using your TV remote control, find the HDMI input channel you've used in Step 3 (or component/ composite input). You can do this via the ‘Source’,‘Input’ or ‘AV Select’ button on your TV remote control. You should see the Yes TV by Fetch logo on your screen when you've found the correct input channel
Important! Your TV screen will appear blank a number of times during the on-screen setup and may remain blank for up to 5 minutes, this is normal behaviour.
You'll now be taken through the rest of the Yes TV by Fetch setup on your TV screen. The on-screen setup will take approximately 5-10 minutes depending on your broadband speed. Do NOT turn your set top box off at any stage during setup.
Insert the AA batteries into the remote control
You'll be asked to select an Audio Option. Select the 5.1 Audio option ONLY if you have compatible equipment. If you experience audio problems after selecting 5.1. change the setting to 'Stereo'
You'll be prompted to enter your Activation Code which is on the letter that came with your Yes TV by Fetch Set Top box
Use the navigation arrows and the 'paw' button on your remote control to enter the code via the on screen keyboard. Activation codes are case sensitive, you can change the keyboard to upper case and back by pressing the 'Text' button on your remote control
That's it. Enjoy!
To access the main menu and its options. Use the menu & navigation buttons on your remote control.
To watch TV. Go to the TV Guide option in the main menu and select a program.
To watch or rent a movie. Go to the 'Movies' option in the main menu. Further details are in this article.
If you need further help or are experiencing difficulty check out the links below:
- Refer to our Yes TV by Fetch Troubleshooting Guides
Download the Quick Start and/or Full User Guides below: