Yes TV by Fetch: Channel Packs vs TV Packs
Learn more about recording and watching Channel (Streaming) Packs and TV On-Demand Packs that are available on your Optus TV with Fetch.
What's the difference between TV Packs and Channel Packs?
Content within TV Packs is 'On Demand'. This means you can download the content to your Optus TV with Fetch set top box and then watch it at a time of your choosing.
Content within Channel Packs streams directly to your Optus TV with Fetch set-top box according to a schedule, much like Free to Air TV channel programming. As this content is scheduled you have the ability to view what's on within your Optus TV with Fetch's Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
How to show or hide Channel Pack (streaming channels) in your EPG
You can elect to show or hide streaming channels from the EPG (electronic program guide), by following these steps.
Press the 'Menu' button on your Optus TV with Fetch remote to go to the Main Menu.
From the Main Menu, use the navigation buttons to go to and select 'Manage' > 'Settings'
In the 'Settings' screen on your TV, scroll to and select the 'Channels' option using the navigation buttons
- Next to each of the channels/streams you'd like to hide/show, tick the check box under the 'Show/Hide' column
- Hit the 'Paw' button to save your settings
Can I record content in Channel Packs (streaming channels)?
Yes! Provided your Optus TV with Fetch set top box is running the latest software, you can record streaming channels in the following combinations.
- Record up to 2 streaming channels while watching a Free-To-Air channel
- Record 1 streaming channel while watching another streaming channel
- Record up to 2 Free-To-Air channels while watching another streaming or Free To-Air channel
Please note: Unfortunately you cannot record 2 streaming channels while watching a 3rd streaming channel. Please note on-demand content cannot be recorded.