How to Add & Install Optus Security
Optus Security provides protection against computer viruses, spam, hackers and malware, to install Optus Security follow the steps below.
Before you begin, make sure your computer is connected to the internet and meets the software requirements. To prevent Optus Security from conflicting with other antivirus or firewall software during installation, please ensure that any other antivirus or firewall software on your computer is uninstalled before installing Optus Security.
- You'll receive your Optus Security software license key and download link in an email sent to the address that you provided during the sign-up process or if you haven't provided an email address it will be sent to your primary OptusNet email address
- Clicking the link in the email will direct you to the following page on the Optus Apps portal, Within the portal, click on the Optus Security option then click the appropriate operating system download button to proceed.
- Your download will begin and the installation wizard will guide you through the installation process
- Accept the F-Secure licence terms for the software by clicking the 'Accept' button. You might be asked to connect to the internet to access the latest downloads for the Security software. If you already have your internet connection established, click 'Try again'. Otherwise select 'Skip updates' and the 'Next' button to continue.
(If an active firewall is detected on your computer, the wizard will try to deactivate it to prevent interference with the firewall functions of Optus Security
- You'll be asked to choose the installation type. If you're not an advanced user, select 'Automatic Installation' and click on 'Next' button to start the installation. Otherwise select 'Step by step installation'
- If you selected 'Step by step installation', you will be asked to select the installation directory. We recommend you use the directory suggested by the wizard. Click 'Next' to continue. Optus Security will then help you optimize your settings through a series of quick steps
- When the installation wizard has finished installing Optus security, you will need to finalise the installation by restarting your computer. Select 'Restart Now' and then click 'OK'. If you select 'Restart Later', the installation will not complete until your computer is rebooted
- When your computer has rebooted, you will see the start-up wizard. The start-up wizard will automatically connect to the Optus Security servers to validate your subscription number / licence key and check for new updates. The update will take 5-20 minutes to complete, you can minimise the screen and allow the update to continue in the background.
I've lost my licence key...
If you've misplaced the email we sent that contains your licence key, please follow the below steps to generate your key:
- Log into Members Services
- Click My Internet Account
- Click Security Suite
- Click Terms and Conditions
- Read through the terms and conditions and if you agree to them, tick the tick-box and click continue
- Click the hyperlink to download the software if required
- Click OK
- Your security key will be displayed
Terms and conditions
Optus Internet Acceptable Use Policy applies.
Optus Security plan: Credit approved customers only. Customers must accept the terms of the F-Secure End User License Agreement before using this service.
Included data usage from an Optus Mobile or a Mobile Broadband service to the Security plan within Australia: Use of the Optus Security service does not count towards your included data if you use the service with an Optus Mobile or Optus Mobile Broadband Plan. Services not included: The Optus Security plan requires a broadband and or 3G/HSPA internet connection to work.
Required Equipment: To access the Optus Security service you must have one of the following operating systems: Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bits, Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit, all Service Packs, Windows XP 32-bit: Home, Professional: Service Pack 3 or newer, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
1 month free access: The monthly charge of $3 will be credited to your account in the first month.