Translator Or Interpreter Services
If you have a friend or family member who doesn't speak English and they'd like to contact us, there’s a couple of ways that this can this be done.
Using a friend or family member as interpreter
- A customer unable to speak English can be identified through a non-account holder. However, the non-account holder must act solely as an interpreter and the account holder must be present during the conversation.
- The account holder's verbal authorisation for discussing details with the non-account holder must be given. The account holder will need to provide their name, address, date of birth and phone number, username or account number. Alternatively, the non English speaking account holder can activate a PIN on the account.
Using the Optus Translating and Interpreting Service
- Non-English speaking account holders can also call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 1800 470 291 and ask to speak with Optus. TIS will arrange for an interpreter who will act as a translator between the customer and Optus.
- Optus Customer Service hours of operation are 8am to 7pm EST (Mon to Fri) and 9am to 5pm EST (Sat)
- Please confirm the charge with TIS before engaging their services or, please visit our Optus Store Locator for your nearest store.