Why do I need to show proof of occupancy?
If there's an active service at your new address, it can delay/prevent your new connection from being completed. This scenario is referred to as 'Connect Outstanding'.
To allow your connection to proceed, Optus must sight a proof of occupancy document (P.O.D.) as authorisation to seek disconnection of another service belonging to another individual (regardless of the service provider responsible)
If you move to an address where there's an active service:
You may have spoken to us and we've asked for you to send us a proof of occupancy document. If so, we have the following email addresses available:
Optus Cable network:
Optus Direct network:
- New Sales and Relocations: ULL Connect Outstanding
Optus Resale network:
- New Sales and Relocations: OptusResaleBackOffice
Note: Proof of Occupancy won’t be accepted if the fixed line is not an Optus owned line.
An acceptable Proof of Occupancy is:
- Lease; or
- Rental Agreement; or
- Contract of Sale; or
- Statutory declaration from the New Occupant and a utility bill eg. rates, power, water; or
- Statutory declaration from the property owner and the rent receipt from the New Occupant; or
- Statutory declaration from the property owner and the bond payment receipt; or
- Letter from the real estate agent and the rent receipt from the New Occupant; or
- Letter from the real estate agent and the bond payment receipt
Please only send through pages which consist of following details:
- Commencement date
- If your name is different to your account details please include a statutory declaration or marriage certificate.