Overhead Cable Installation & Removal: Fixed Phone & Broadband
Here's a brief rundown on how we install Optus Cable.
To organise removal of an existing Optus overhead cable. Please contact Home Phone General & Billing enquiries on 133 937. You don't need to be an Optus customer to request removal of an inactive overhead cable.
Installation will typically take 2-3 hours (30-45 minutes less if already cabled)
- An overhead cable will run from a pole on the street outside your property to the blind side of your house (where there are other services ie. electricity meter box)
- A small box maybe attached to your property
- Internal wiring/drilling may take place
- New socket(s) may be installed
- If installing to a granny flat or any building detached from the main house an additional $165 installation fee is payable via your first bill
An English speaking person of at least 18 years of age must be present for the entire installation. Your Technician will call prior to arrival but will not come if they're unable to reach you.
If there is inclement weather on the agreed day of installation, an Optus representative will contact you to advise if we are unable to proceed.
Unacceptable hazards exist in both rain and heat as our Technician may need to climb power poles or crawl through your roof space to run cable for your installation.