Minimum Computer & Modem Specifications: Fixed Broadband
To see if your computer is compatible with Optus NBN, Cable or DSL Direct Broadband check out the minimum specifications for various operating systems below.
- Supported Windows versions/specs
- Supported Macintosh OS-X versions/specs
- BYO DSL Equipment
- BYO Optus Cable Equipment
- Further support & technical links
Windows 7 SP1 or above, with a working Ethernet port or WiFi adapter.
Mac OS x 10.10 (Yosemite) or above, with a working Ethernet port or WiFi client.
DSL Broadband runs on your standard phone line and a DSL modem and/ filters are supplied as part of a connection package. If you plan to use your own existing ADSL modem or telephone filters, check the list of approved equipment to ensure they're Optus Network approved or contact tech support on 13 13 44. It's recommended that you use an ADSL2+ compliant modem for an Optus Direct ADSL Broadband connection.
We use the Annex A specification on the of Optus Direct Network (ADSL 2+). The Annex M specification is not available.
If you plan to use your own Cable modem or router contact tech support on 13 13 44 to confirm if it's approved for use on our network. It's recommended that you use a DOCSIS 3 compliant modem/router (Minimum DOCSIS 1.1) for your Optus Cable Broadband connection.
- For Optus Supplied Modem / Router Setup & Troubleshooting Manuals - Click here
- For Fixed & Mobile Broadband Network, IP Addresses & Tech Settings - Click here
- For Mobile Broadband APNs & Tech Settings - Click here
- For Mobile Phone SMSC, APNs & Tech Settings - Click here
- For Assistance With Email Setup - Click here
- To Troubleshoot Your Email - Click here