Add or Change My Time Numbers: Mobile Phone
If you're on a Mobile plan that features 'My Time' you can make free calls to nominated mobile or landline numbers, any time, day or night.
The amount and type of numbers that can be added to your 'My Time' list are dependent upon your plan. There are 2 ways to add your 'My Time' numbers - via your handset or on the internet.
Important: When you first activate your Mobile it may take up to 24 hours before you can add your My Time numbers in My Account.
These options are available 24/7 and are free to use within Australia.
- App: Get the My Optus app for your smartphone
- Call: Dial 1509 from your Mobile or 13 29 26 from another Mobile and follow the prompts
- SMS: Text the word mytime to 9999 and follow the prompts ~ Prepaid only
On the internet: My Account
You can check or change your My Time numbers in My Account.
How to change your My Time numbers in My Account
- Log in with your My Account username, not your phone number
- Follow steps A & B as shown in the image below
- Select your Mobile Phone service then click its 'Settings' tab
- In the 'Settings' tab: Scroll to 'Preferred Number List'
- Click 'Setup' then 'Change'
- Enter your preferred 'My Time' number(s)
- Click 'Submit'
- Your My Time number(s) may take up to 1 minute to register in My Account
If the 'Change' button in My Account is'greyed out' then you've already reached the maximum number of updates allowed in your billing period/between recharges. Check out the next topic on when you can change your numbers.
How often can I change my numbers?
Postpaid Mobile Services
You can alter your My Time number(s) once per billing month.
Prepaid Mobile Services
You may change your nominated My Time number(s) up to 2 times after:
- You first activate your service
- Each recharge