How to Add, Change or Remove Prepaid Auto-Recharge
Optus Auto-Recharge (OAR) is an online service that will enable you to register your credit card and set up automated recharges for your Prepaid service.
To use Auto-Recharge you'll need a valid credit or debit card.
Note: If your current Prepaid Mobile Phone plan has a 60 day, or longer, expiry period (e.g. Crew Cap or Long Expiry Cap) use of Auto-Recharge is not recommended.
Go to the recharge page to setup, click here
- Enter your Prepaid number in the 'number' field
- Scroll to the 'Setup Auto-Recharge with credit card' option and click the 'Next' button
- Select your preferred Auto-Recharge amount and click 'Next'
- Click the Auto-Recharge checkbox, enter your credit card details and select your preferred recharge frequency
- Enter your email address, then review your details and read and accept the Terms & Conditions to proceed
- Submit your request
- Your first recharge will be processed immediately & a confirmation email sent to your nominated email address
- Once you receive the email, click on the link provided to confirm your Auto-Recharge request. Your nominated Auto-Recharge will not be processed until you confirm your request
You’ll receive an email notification 48 hours before your next Auto-Recharge debit is applied to your card
To cancel your Auto-Recharge, you’ll need one of your previous Auto-Recharge emails
Click on the cancellation button provided at the bottom of your Auto-Recharge email
Follow the prompt to confirm that you wish to cancel Auto-Recharge
You’ll receive a confirmation via email to let you know when this has been completed
Q. What if my credit card is being charged via Optus Auto-Recharge but I haven’t authorised this (i.e. I’m not with Optus/ I don’t have a Prepaid service)?
A. You’ll need to speak to your bank to investigate the issue and to process any relevant charge-backs.
You can check out more FAQs by clicking here.