How to Change or Check Your Phone Number Listing
To check or change your existing phone number to listed or unlisted, check out the steps below. If you're receiving nuisance or unwelcome calls / messages, please see this article for further options and help.
Is there a fee?
Home Phone numbers
If you have an Optus Direct, Optus NBN or Optus Cable Home Phone then there is no additional fee to list or unlist your existing Home Phone number. If you have or request a special listing, then your directory service provider may charge you additional fees.
Mobile Phone numbers
For standard Optus Mobile Phone numbers, there is no additional fee to list or unlist your existing phone number. If you've requested a special listing, then your directory service provider may charge you additional fees.
How to check or change your number to listed / unlisted
For Home Phone numbers
Call us on 133 937 to confirm or request that your existing phone number is changed to listed or unlisted (silent)
For Mobile Phone numbers
You can check or change your Mobile number's listing status in My Account.
How to check or change your Mobile Phone listing in My Account
- Log in with your My Account username, not your phone number
- Follow steps A & B as shown in the image below
- Select your Mobile Phone service then click its 'Settings' tab
- In the 'Settings' tab, next to 'Call diversion and settings', click 'Setup'
- In the next screen, near to 'Directory Listing'. You will see your current listing status as either 'Off' or 'On' (Off = Unlisted)
- To alter the setting, click the 'Change' button
- Follow the prompts and click 'Ok' to submit your request
Changing to a silent / unlisted number?
Avoid receiving unwanted marketing calls or faxes from businesses by adding your Mobile or Office/Home Phone number(s) to the Australian Government's Do Not Call Register.
To unsubscribe or opt-out of Optus marketing communication check out this article.