How to Allow Another Person to Enquire About Your Account
It's easy to add a Third Party Authority (TPA) to your existing account. Simply contact us.
Nominating a person as a Third Party Authority (TPA) means you authorise them to inquire about, accept and create charges on your account, as well as providing them with access to your personal information.
You don’t have to ‘nominate a person’ to add as your TPA, depending on the product/s you may also add a 4 digit PIN to allow your TPA to gain access to perform some minor changes to the account.
Third Party Account holders can make a variety of account request types, with the exception of the following:
- Connect a new stand-alone service / Optus product in the account holder's name
- Request access to 1900 numbers
- Add / remove additional Third Party Authorities
- Restart/reopen an account holder's service after a full disconnect or after the account is disconnected due to financial reasons
- Change the account holder's security details such as date of birth, internet username, PIN, address, password or driver's licence number
- Process a Change of Account Holder/Change of Ownership
- Arrange service relocation (unless the account holder specifically advises Optus in advance of a relocation that a TPA will be calling to organise)
- Change a phone number
- Complete a long distance transfer (churn) form (unless authorised by account holder).
- Convert a service from residential to business or vice versa
- Update the billing address
- Request a copy of the customer care notes