How to Check Network Status & Outages
To check for a problem with the network, select from the options below:
- Fixed Phone, TV & Broadband Outages
- Mobile Outages / Network Problems
- I need to report a problem that's not listed
To see if we have listed any issues / maintenance occurring in your local area:
- Go to our Network Status page
- Select Fixed Outages
- Enter your Suburb / Postcode
We’ve also included some troubleshooting steps on this page that may assist with your issue.
To check for a problem with the Optus Mobile Network & service in your area, see our coverage maps. Just follow steps A, B & C as shown below. Once you've selected the 'Outage' tab and entered an address or location at the top of the map - you'll be presented with all the towers in the searched area.
- Red coloured tower(s) indicate there is a problem or outage
- Orange coloured tower(s) indicate we’re performing maintenance or upgrades
- Green coloured tower(s) indicate that everything is running okay
Tip! If you have an Optus approved WiFi Calling compatible device, you can use an available WiFi connection to make and receive calls, texts and messages. To find out more, click here.
If you cannot see any reported outages in your area but you're still experiencing issues. This page provides an index of our most commonly used troubleshooting articles.
Still can't resolve the resolve the issue?
Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to report outages, service difficulties & faults.