Online Porting Authority Request
It's normally easy to transfer your wireless, mobile or home phone number to Optus, but if something's gone wrong and we need to make a second attempt to transfer your number, we will ask you to fill in an 'authority to port' form to present to your existing service provider.
Links to providing us with a porting authority online are below:
Before you start...
You should only submit a separate Porting Authority request if:
- A previously requested port has failed or rejected by your existing service provider and Optus has requested a new porting authority from you.
- You want an existing wireless, mobile or home phone number, billed by another service provider, to be transferred to Optus.
- You've already requested a new plan or service over the phone, at a retail store or online. (You have an accompanying order for an Optus service)
- You're the Account Holder of the service(s) with your existing service provider.
Submit a porting authority online
Wireless Phone: Transfer your current home phone number over to Optus to use as your Optus Wireless telephone number. (This number could be with another service provider or already with Optus), Please don’t cancel your existing service number with the other provider until the transfer is complete.
Mobile Phone: Transfer your current Postpaid mobile phone number from another service provider over to Optus. Please don’t cancel your existing service number with your current provider until the transfer is complete.
- For information on Prepaid Mobile transfers click here.
- Home Phone: Transfer a current home phone number from another service provider over to Optus or request a connection with a new number. Please don’t cancel your existing service number with your current provider until the transfer is complete