How to Check Your Mobile Broadband Usage
You've got heaps of options to view your Mobile Broadband / iPad / Tablet data usage, check them out below.
You can view your current and previous usage:
- Using your mobile broadband device: via SMS, online or an App
- Using any internet connection: in My Account
On a Shared Data Plan?
If you need help checking your shared data usage, see this article for help.
These options are available 24/7 and are free to use from your Optus service in Australia.
- Online: Click this link: For help see the My Account steps below.
- App: iPad & Android tablets You can use the Recharge Now App~ Prepaid only
- SMS: Use Optus SMS Menu. Text the number 2 (two) to 9999 from your Optus Mobile Broadband Application ~ SMS capable devices only
Checking monthly or daily usage
To check your current Mobile Broadband monthly or daily internet usage and how it compares with your previous 3 months, log in to My Account.
Note: If you can't see your Mobile Broadband service you may need to link it to your My Account profile.
Peak time is 7am to 11:59:59 pm | Off Peak time is 12 am (midnight) to 6:59:59 am AEST
Mobile Broadband usage is updated approximately every 12 to 24 hours within My Account. The time and date of the last update is shown within the usage page. Occasionally a network event may cause delays to the update period.
Please note: The internet usage meter should only be used as a guide as it may not always reflect actual usage due to network delays. Your exact usage will be detailed on your monthly bill.
Why can't I see my usage?
If you can't see your service
- Have you linked the broadband service to the My Account profile that you're logging into?
- Have you logged in using a service number rather than your My Account username?