Activate or Replace your SIM Card
If your Optus number is active and you need the SIM replaced, or you’d like to activate a new SIM, all the information you need is here.
First, back up your old SIM card. You can get help here.
For activations, your SIM should auto-activate within 4 hours of delivery. Periodically turn your device off and on until your SIM has activated. You will see Optus next to the coverage bars once the SIM is active.
Otherwise, follow the prompts to activate or replace your SIM here.
Note. To activate a SIM and transfer your number from another company that uses the Optus network (e.g. Virgin, Amaysim, etc.), click here instead.
While you wait for your new SIM to be activated:
- Insert your new SIM card into your device
- Change your new SIM card PIN from the default (0000)
- Periodically turn your device off and on until your SIM has activated
- For mobile devices, including tablets, to manage your account download My Optus app
- If you have a USB modem, connect it to your computer and install the connection software. For device help, click here
If you’re experiencing SIM card, or activation issues, click here for help.