International roaming is active for all new Optus Postpaid mobile phones purchased from 15 September 2013. So, there's no set up!
However, if roaming isn't turned on for your phone, it's best to do so before you leave Australia. To turn roaming on or off simply use any one of these easy ways:
- Text the number 7 to 9999 and follow the prompts
- Free Call 1509 within Australia from your Optus mobile and follow the prompts
- Business customers call 133 343 within Australia
- On your mobile via the My Optus App
- Online via My Account, (just click the settings tab for the service on which you want to activate roaming)
- Personal and business customers free call +61 2 8082 5678, from any other roaming activated Optus mobile while overseas