NBN Speed Test
When you're connected to NBN Fibre with one of our Optus NBN plans with a Speed Packs, you'll have access to higher speeds.
Test your current internet speed here.
Speed: The speed you will experience depends on a number of factors including your access type, demand on the network and local conditions such as internet traffic, your line condition, your hardware and software, the data source or destination and your location which can interfere with reception and speed.
How fast do you want to go?
Are you addicted to Netflix Working from home? Watching your team score the winning goal as it happens?
When you choose NBN with Optus, you can select the internet speed that suits you.
You can add one of our NBN Speed Packs to our flexible plans anytime.
Things that could affect your speed test
A few things can affect NBN speed:
- WiFi - connecting to your Optus modem with an Ethernet cable rather than WiFi is the most effective way to take advantage of NBN speed.
- Overseas content - downloading overseas content rather than domestic content takes longer because Australia is far away from most countries.
- Traffic jams - you can make sure your modem is prepared for multiple users by selecting one of our NBN Speed Packs.
- Viruses - protect your devices against viruses and malware with security software.
- Pull vs push - with NBN we change your downloading (‘pull’) and uploading (‘push’) speeds.
The technology behind NBN internet speed
NBN Fibre (including NBN Fibre to the Premise/FTTP, NBN Fibre to the Basement/FTTB and NBN Fibre to the Node/FTTN) and NBN Fixed Wireless are the two main types of NBN connections.
NBN Fibre is more weather-resistant and multiple-user-resistant than ADSL2+.
If you'd like to keep across all the NBN news, sign up for our Optus NBN updates.
Want to talk NBN?
If you want to talk more about NBN speed at your place, you can get in touch with one of our friendly team members:
Fair Go Policy Applies. Available in selected premises in selected areas.