Reduce costs and improve productivity through the power of IP telephony.
IP telephony is a natural evolutionary step from traditional telephony solutions to an IP network based solution which is highly available and feature rich.
IP Telephony solutions provide rich integration opportunities with other workforce productivity solutions, which are all important components in achieving a unified communications environment.
We can provide you with services to build and implement IP telephony solutions, as well as offering a fully managed IP Telephony service.
Here are some of the ways IP telephony solutions can help you reduce costs and improve productivity:
- A single data, voice, and video network infrastructure based on our Optus Evolve advanced communications network - instead of the associated cost of providing and supporting three discrete networks.
- Centralises your telephony infrastructure by consolidating your PABX to reduce complexity. This can help lower the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by reducing infrastructure, equipment and maintenance costs.
- Greatly simplified Moves, Adds and Changes (MACs) - with traditional telephony, employee relocations typically require a combination of cable and PABX system reconfiguration.
- High availability in support of business continuity.
- Provides the foundation to integrate other business communication applications - Presence, Unified Messaging, Instant Messaging, Contact Centre - thereby improving employee efficiency and increasing customer satisfaction.
Benefits offered by IP Telephony include:
- Improved business productivity and communications
- Easy integration of business communication applications
- Reduced infrastructure, equipment and maintenance costs
- Centralised management
- Better customer service
- More effective collaboration
We can help you find the right approach in migrating towards an IP Telephony solution, which can suit your individual business requirements and drivers. Contact your Optus Account manager for assistance today.
IP Telephony enables the transmission of voice communications using standards based Internet Protocol (IP), thereby allowing voice and data communications to be converged onto a single IP communications network. Leveraging this IP network, you can consolidate legacy (distributed) telephony infrastructure to a centralised telephony infrastructure.
These features combine to lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). However, it's not just about reducing overheads. IP Telephony also provides the foundation to integrate all forms of business communications, including voice, video, presence, instant messaging, email, fax, mobile and desktop applications, which promotes greater accessibility, increased productivity and improved customer service.
Organisations which stand to benefit the most from IP Telephony include those which:
- have employees who work from home, mobile, or communicate between branches or offices on a regular basis;
- operate and wish to optimise multiple branches or offices, either locally, nationally or internationally;
- have a desire for additional unified communications and collaboration solutions (eg Presence, IM, Unified Messaging, Contact Centre, Voice/Video/Web Conferencing etc);
- are moving premises or opening new offices or branches.