Unified communications client applications
Collaborate anywhere on any device.
With increasing workplace mobility and the proliferation of personal devices within organisations, including smart phones and tablets, organisations are seeking new ways to bring the rich communication experience of the office to their employees wherever they are working and whatever device they choose to use.
Unified Communications client applications enable access to voice, video, voice messages, presence, instant messaging, desktop sharing and IP conferencing applications from a single 'universal' client interface, regardless of device or location.
These client applications provide a consistent user interface across a variety of devices including PC, MAC, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia, enabling true unified communications anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Access to multiple modes of communication (voice, video, voicemail, presence, instant messaging, desktop sharing) via a single client, regardless of device or location.
- A consistent interface across multiple devices (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- "Click to Call" and presence capabilities from within commonly used desktop applications (such as Outlook, Word)
- Simplified access to conferencing and collaboration services
- Access to enterprise telephony and unified communications features and functions from mobile handset and tablet devices:
- Transfer, conference, hold and resume, call-park and corporate directory lookup.
- Extend your business phone number to your mobile device to provide true single number reach capabilities.
- Roam between Wi-Fi and cellular networks with no interruption in calls.
- Transfer calls from desk phone to mobile and vice versa.
- Use your mobile device to view, play, mark and delete new and saved voicemail messages from your corporate voicemail box.
- Place and receiving business calls on your mobile device through your enterprise IP Telephony system (via your corporate Wi-Fi network, other Wi-Fi networks, or a mobile data network).
- Join and launch collaborative conferences.
Improved organisational productivity and efficiency - Unified Communications allows employees to work more effectively, and therefore enables organisations to better service both internal and external customers.
Easy access to conferencing and collaboration services regardless of device or location can lead to faster problem resolution, better customer service, reduced costs and greener IT practices. It can also reduce the need to travel, thus improving productivity and reducing costs.
Better support for a mobile workforce - promote more efficient operation for mobile employees by providing a consistent communication interface, regardless of location or device.