Missed Call Service
Get messages easily.
Good news! We are making changes to this service from 21 November 2016. Make sure to read about it here first before you opt-in.
Optus Missed Call Service directs your callers to a short announcement that tells them they can leave a short 10 second message that will be converted to a text message by following some easy instructions and using their keypad to answer the prompts.
- The service captures and records for you all of the calls you have missed, then sends you the information as an SMS message once you come back into coverage, turn on your phone or have finished taking your call.
- Even if your caller has their Caller ID blocked, they can still leave their number. Better still, if the caller wishes to leave an alternative number they can do this too.
- The Missed Call Service is offered for free and is the default for customers that do not want voicemail.
- Short 10 second voice messages are transcribed to SMS for your quick, convenient review
- Enables callers to provide the best number for you to return their call
- There is no mailbox to dial into - all voice messages are transcribed to SMS
The Missed Call Service is the default for customers who do not have voicemail enabled. You can opt out from this service:
- From your mobile - just dial 159 and follow the prompts.
- By SMS - using your mobile phone's keypad, type ON or OFF and send the message to 159. Whichever method you choose, we'll send you a confirmation of your request and update your service settings in "real-time".
The Missed Call Service is offered for free and is the default for customers that do not want voicemail.