The asset tracking system that keeps you in the know.
Without reliable monitoring of remote assets businesses can suffer costly downtime. So Optus is pleased to offer SatMonitor™, a product which uses the Inmarsat Satellite Network, a company with over 32 years of experience in providing satellite services.
With Optus SatMonitor™ businesses can remotely monitor fixed assets almost anywhere in the world, apart from polar regions. SatMonitor™ can be used to monitor unmanned mine equipment and pipelines, measure dam levels, transmit information from weather stations, and more.
Typical applications include:
- Mining: remote mine equipment
- Oil and gas: well sites, pipelines and compressors
- Environmental and emergency: weather monitoring
- Remote banking: ATM and point of sale
- Utility: SmartMeter backhaul, distribution and automation.
- Two-way IP data rate service provides long-term machine-to-machine management of fixed assets
- Inmarsat's network provides connectivity around the globe (apart from polar regions), wherever clear line of sight to the satellite can be established
- Ultra-low power consumption from <1W when idle to <20W when transmitting, making it ideal for solar-powered sites
- System automatically restores power and connection following loss of power and/or IP connection for an 'always on' network
- Remote control via SMS - remote management platform for command and control of the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and access to Web interface
- Outdoor unit can be pole mounted
- Indoor unit can be housed inside a building or other enclosure.
- Visibility and remote control of dispersed assets, almost anywhere in the world.
- Reliable service monitoring to ensure assets and machinery are working correctly.
- Ability to respond quickly to minimise loss or damage.
- Easy to set up and install - no PC required.
To establish a connection using your SatMonitor™ service, clear line of sight between the terminal and the satellite must be maintained. Obstructions such as buildings, heavy tree coverage, bridges, overpasses, carports, garages may restrict the signal.
To send and receive SMS from your SatMonitor™ service you must dial the international country code and area code Eg. +61 for an Australian number or +64 for a New Zealand number. Sending and receiving SMS is not guaranteed to or from other networks.
Satellite service is not guaranteed in any location even while in coverage area. Please refer to the Optus website for a full Service Description at optus.com.au/standardagreements.