You have the security of knowing that Optus is a tier-1 player with extensive network coverage, backed by SingTel, the largest communications company in Asia, and that Optus Evolve is based on a true carrier-grade core and edge network.
Optus Evolve Ethernet WAN
Securely connect sites with flexibility to manage your own data network.
Connect your corporate sites using our advanced Optus Evolve® network, enabling you to converge data, voice and application networks.
Optus Evolve Ethernet WAN provides cost effective, carrier grade, scalable data connectivity enabling multiple locations to be linked as a single network. This provides flexibility for those organisations looking to manage their own data network.
Optus Evolve Ethernet WAN uses layer 2 technology, often preferred by organisations with higher bandwidth requirements and that use complex network protocols.
A scalable national network - Optus Evolve Ethernet WAN uses Fibre and Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) technology to provide coverage in and beyond major capital and regional cities.
Flexible network design - Optus Evolve Ethernet WAN doesn't depend on IP, so applications, services and protocols other than IP can be run across the network. And offices in multiple locations can be seen as a single LAN, enabling varied applications to run on the network without difficulties.
Customer control of layer 3 VPN - Optus Evolve Ethernet WAN gives you the capability to create, configure and manage and your own Layer 3 VPN, putting you in control.
Online reporting on service performance - Information and statistics on your access VLAN are available via our eCare web portal.
Optus Direct Link for AWS is available for direct connection to Amazon Web Services instead of connecting via the internet.
Optus Evolve Ethernet WAN provides:
- Scalability - a scalable national networking solution with large coverage footprint.
- Flexibility - provides point to point, hub and spoke or fully meshed network options based on VPLS technology with the ability to create and manage your own network.
- Internal segregation if required - Multiple Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) on single access provides the ability to internally segregate networks.
- Simplified billing - accurate and comprehensive billing layout, with charges on a site-by-site basis.
To find out more about how Optus Evolve can transform your business, contact your Optus Business Account Manager.
If you would prefer to connect your sites with an IP VPN, see Optus Evolve IP VPN.
Optus Evolve Ethernet WAN is a Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) based network which supports point to point, hub and spoke or fully meshed network design.
Unlike Layer 3 IP VPN Networks, you have the ability to create, configure and manage your own Layer 3 Network. Depending on the access type and bandwidth, you can run single or multiple Layer 3 IP VPNs across your sites. This enables you to manage, configure and operate your own IP VPN network and applications.
Optus Evolve Ethernet WAN
Optus has been driving value in the Australian telecommunications market since 1992, and Optus Evolve can help reduce both the direct and indirect operating costs associated with running your communications network. For example, Optus Evolve IP VPN allows you to replace legacy networks with a single, easy-to-manage network platform that provides far greater visibility and control. Being modular in design, it enables you to choose the components you need to suit your business requirements, and adapt the network as requirements change.
Optus Evolve delivers a range of improvements that can help enhance your business's performance:
- It is a 'new generation network' that replaces multiple legacy technologies with a single, easy-to-manage network platform
- It is designed to easily deliver converged business applications that enhance productivity and reduce costs
- Improved reliability and resilience is an integral part of the network design - software upgrades can be conducted in-service - for fewer planned and unplanned network outages
- Reduced network complexity allows for simplified network management and comprehensive reporting
- It is modular in design and highly scalable so it can be readily adapted to your changing business needs.
Optus Evolve delivers tangible business benefits today, but more importantly it provides a platform for new applications when your business is ready for them. With Optus Evolve:
- You can converge voice and data on your network and manage it more easily - enabling you and your end users to be more productive
- Remote and mobile workers as well as different company sites can share critical information securely and flexibly
- You can take advantage of more bandwidth and it is easier to upgrade as your business grows
- IT teams can focus on developing and implementing applications that improve business productivity, rather than running the network.
Optus Evolve is an advanced IP communications network that delivers tomorrow's converged business applications today - enabling your business to be more productive, now and into the future.