Optus announces the nine Ultimate IT Challenge business finalists
Optus Business today announced the nine finalists for its Ultimate IT Challenge Competition from a broad range of Australian business sectors including IT, transport, retail, construction, healthcare, community services and education.
The competition was open to Australian businesses of any size to recognise and reward innovation and teamwork in overcoming IT challenges at work. The nine finalists now have the opportunity for their business to win a share of $100,000 worth of Optus products and services or the option of funds to help promote their business.
The nine finalists of the Optus Ultimate IT Challenge are:
- Fareshare – www.fareshare.net.au (Victoria)
- Aspedia – www.aspedia.net (Queensland)
- 13CABS – www.13cabs.com.au (Victoria)
- ENerds – www.enerds.com.au (New South Wales)
- Newbiz Solutions – www.newbizsolutions.com.au (Victoria)
- Ashmor Plumbing – www.ashmorplumbing.com.au (New South Wales)
- Luxottica – www.luxottica.com.au (New South Wales)
- Luther College - www.luther.vic.edu.au (Victoria)
- Queensland Institute of Medical Research - www.qimr.edu.au (Queensland)
The Ultimate IT Challenge was judged by a panel of IT experts including Bruce Lakin, Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Computer Society (ACS); Janice Cox, Vice President and General Manager for the Personal Systems Groups (PSG), HP South Pacific; Neil Whiteing, Group Chief Information Officer for Insurance Australia Group (IAG); Robert Parcell, Managing Director, Optus Business; Rohan Ganeson, Managing Director, Optus Small and Medium Business Group and Tony Sarno, Editor, Australian Personal Computer Magazine.
"The standard of entries for the Ultimate IT Challenge was extremely high and ranged across issues such as mobility, security, IT support, and communications," said Bruce Lakin, ACS CEO. "As the recognised body for Information and Communications Technology practitioners, it is exciting to support the Optus Ultimate IT Challenge and see so many talented professionals exploring new technologies and innovation in ICT."
The IT Ultimate Challenge will honour four winners in total, including one enterprise and three small to medium business IT teams. The winners will be announced at the Optus Business Innovation Awards on 11 February 2011 in Melbourne.
Phil Offer, Marketing Director, Optus Small and Medium Business said, "In today's market, we all need to listen to our customers to remain competitive and deliver the best solutions. As part of our ongoing commitment to be right behind business we're holding this competition and award evening to celebrate innovation in businesses across Australia. We're rewarding IT teams that have addressed business challenges in an innovative way, whether it be the unique application of a particular technology or process improvement."
People's Choice Award
Additionally, the public had the opportunity to vote for their favourite entry, via Facebook. Luther College was the public's favourite entry with 217 'likes'. The remaining People's Choice Top Ten include; Aspedia, Fareshare, Rugby WA, eNerds, Combo, St. Joseph's College Ferntree Gully, ProjectCentre, Queensland Council of Social Service and Bounce Services. All ten winners receive a Nokia N8.
The first hundred entrants into the competition were also given 100 HP Netbooks.
For more information, visit www.optus.com.au/ITChallenge.
Simone Bergholcs/ Kasia Ciszak
Optus Corporate Affairs
Tel: (02) 8082 7850
Note to Editor:
- Enterprise: The winning team will have the option of:
- Optus products or services to the value of $50,000 for the business which employs the winner; or
- $25,000 to help promote the business which employs the winner (including but not limited to a payment towards advertising costs, website development, signage or marketing consultants).
- SMB: The three winning teams will have the option of:
- Optus products or services to the value of $16,900 for the business which employs the winner; or
- $10,000 to help promote the business which employs the winner (including but not limited to a payment towards advertising costs, website development, signage or marketing consultants).