Optus and Qantas Frequent Flyer today launched their new alliance to reward Optus personal and small and medium business (SMB) customers with Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) points.
The exclusive alliance sees Optus personal customers earn two QFF points for every dollar spent on most Optus personal services.
Redeemable for flights, merchandise, vouchers and a range of unforgettable experiences in the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store, points are awarded based on the amount a customer spends each month, or on each transaction in the case of prepaid.
Michael Smith, Managing Director, Optus Consumer said, "Rewarding Optus customers with points they can redeem across a fantastic range of rewards is our way of thanking them for saying 'yes' to Optus Whether you're a prepaid customer or a family with multiple Optus fixed and mobile services, we will reward you with two Qantas Frequent Flyer points for every dollar spent on most Optus personal services.
"Optus is committed to giving our customers a superior customer experience - by providing fantastic customer service, a reliable network and great value products and services. Rewards are a natural extension of that commitment, by providing Optus customers with access to amazing experiences through Qantas Frequent Flyer," Mr Smith said.
Optus customers who are existing Qantas Frequent Flyer members can start earning points immediately by simply registering for the program at the Optus Rewards website (www.optus.com.au/points) and linking their Optus Rewards membership to their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. Points will be credited straight to the customer's Qantas Frequent Flyer account when their account payment is processed or prepaid account is recharged.
As an added bonus, Optus customers who are not yet Qantas Frequent Flyer members will have the usual joining fee of $82.50 waived when they sign-up to the program through Optus Rewards.
Simon Hickey, Chief Executive, Qantas Frequent Flyer, said, "Qantas Frequent Flyer is committed to making the program even more rewarding, ensuring that members have even more options to earn and redeem points across a wide range of categories. With our expansion into telecommunications, this further cements our position as the number one premium loyalty program in this country.
"With Optus now on board the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, the simple act of making a call or surfing the web can lead to a to a huge range of rewards for our members," Mr Hickey said.
Optus small and medium business customers or their nominees can also earn two QFF points for every dollar spent on eligible SMB services until 31 December 2011 after which they will earn one point per dollar spent.
Rohan Ganeson, Managing Director, Optus Small and Medium Business said, "Through our alliance with Qantas Frequent Flyer, Optus SMB customers can now earn rewards for everyday expenses, such as their mobile service or broadband connection.
"Whether they use the points to buy a new coffee machine for the office or towards flights for a business meeting, it's great to be able to reward our SMB customers with points which they can put towards their business or personal expenses," Mr Ganeson said.
For full details of the program and to begin earning Qantas Frequent Flyer points through Optus Rewards, customers should visit www.optus.com.au/points
Liz Greene /Danny Wong, Optus Corporate Affairs, Tel: 02 8082 7850
Amanda Bolger, Qantas Corporate Affairs, Tel: 0402 137 071
Notes to editors
Customers must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and an Optus Rewards member and have linked their Optus Rewards membership to their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership to earn points. Terms and conditions apply to both memberships. Visit www.qantas.com/terms and www.optus.com.au/points respectively for details.
Points are only earned on payments made for eligible Optus services through a validated Optus account which has been added to an Optus Rewards membership and only on payments made after accounts have been added.
For all the details and full terms and conditions, visit www.optus.com.au/points
About Qantas Frequent Flyer
- The Qantas Frequent Flyer program was launched in 1987 and today has over eight million members.
- The program had billings of over $1bn last year.
- Members can earn points at over 500 partners, including airlines, hotels, financial institutions and retailers.
- Over 3.9 million seats were redeemed on flights by members last year.
- The online Qantas Frequent Flyer Store offers more 2,000 products.
- The monthly program eNewsletter, distributed to 3.8m members, uses cutting-edge analytics to deliver over 6,500 different email versions to members, based on their activity and nominated preferences.
- Major program enhancements:
- The doubling of cabin bonuses in Business and First Class.
- Increased Status bonuses for Gold and Silver tier members.
- An improved Upgrades process including SMS functionality.
- Introduction of a new tier for our most frequent flyers - "Platinum One".
- The ability to earn points and Status credits for Jetstar bundles.
- Launch of the epiQure online fine wine community for wine enthusiasts.
- The launch of Auto Rewards, allowing members to elect to automatically redeem a Woolworths gift card every 3 months, for a value of up to $20. The gift cards are mailed directly to members.