For what purpose does Optus require your Personal Information?
1. Optus collects and uses Personal Information about you primarily to supply you with the products and services you order from it and its related companies (Optus Group Companies). Optus also collects and uses Personal Information for related (or secondary) purposes including:
(a) billing and account management;
(b) business planning and product development; and
(c) to provide you with relevant advertisements, relevant promotions and information about the products and services of Optus companies and other organisations.
Optus' rights and obligations
2. Optus is required by law to collect certain Personal Information about you, including your name, address, telephone service number and other public number customer details, and to provide it to the operator of the Integrated Public Number Database (IPND) for inclusion in the IPND. Information in the IPND is used to develop directories and to assist emergency service organisations. If your phone number is unlisted, your information will be marked accordingly in the IPND and its use and disclosure will be strictly controlled.
3. If you do not provide all the Personal Information Optus requests from you, Optus may be unable to supply the products or services you have requested, or Optus may be restricted in the way it supplies these products or services to you.
How Optus may use your Personal Information?
4. Optus may disclose Personal Information about you (for the purposes set out in clause 1) to:(a) Optus agents, dealers, contractors and franchisees;
(b) suppliers who need to have access to provide services that enables Optus supply you with the products or services that you have ordered; and
(c) Optus joint venture partners.
When and how can you opt out?
5. If you wish only to receive communications that are account-related or legally required, you may request not to receive other communications (ie you may "opt out").
(a) If you wish to opt out of receiving relevant advertising in Optus web based banner advertising, you can click on the symbol that appears on the advertisement and opt out.
(b)If you wish to make a request to opt-out, you can do so at any time by letting Optus know of your request by contacting the Optus customer service line on 133 937. If you provide Optus with an opt-out request, Optus will activate your request as soon as reasonably possible after receiving it. Optus will not charge you for processing a request to opt-out.
Your right to access your records
6. You may request access to Personal Information Optus holds about you, and Optus will grant you access unless it is required or permitted to refuse such a request. You may also request that information about you be corrected if you think that it is not accurate. You should contact 133 937 if you require more information.
Optus' rights to disclose your credit information
7. For the purpose of processing your application and ongoing credit management of your account, Optus may need to disclose to a credit reporting agency:
(a) personal identifying details, including your name, current and previous addresses, driver's licence number, date of birth and employer;
(b) the fact you have applied for an Optus service, and any credit limit on your account;
(c) the amount of any payments which are overdue for at least sixty (60) days, when steps have been taken by Optus to recover those overdue payments;
(d) where an overdue payment has been previously reported, advice that the payment is no longer overdue;
(e) cheques or credit card payments which have been dishonoured;
(f) court judgments or bankruptcy orders made against you;
(g) that, in the opinion of Optus, you have committed a serious credit infringement; and
(h) when Optus ceases to provide products or services to you.
8. You authorise Optus to disclose the information described in clause 7 to a credit reporting agency. You also authorise Optus to seek from or give to any credit providers authorised by you or named in a credit report or to other telecommunications providers (carriers or carriage service providers), and Optus' franchisees, agents, contractors and outlets, the same information and any other information on this form and any other information on your credit worthiness, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to give under the Privacy Act.
9. You authorise Optus to obtain and use personal credit information (eg; your existing household loans and personal credit card history) for the purpose of considering an application by you for commercial credit; (to use the Optus service and your phone as a sole trader.) You authorise Optus to obtain and use commercial information about your commercial credit worthiness or commercial history (your existing credit record as a sole trader) when considering an application for consumer credit, for example where the Service will be used for domestic purposes.
10. Optus may refuse or cancel the supply of products or services on the basis of its credit assessment of you. You are entitled to see, and to correct, any credit information which Optus holds about you.
Who is Optus
This policy was last updated on 10 May 2013
|Amendment Date||Change Made|
|10 May 2013||