Optus operates within a complex regulatory environment, and the broad range of issues managed by Optus' Corporate & Regulatory Affairs team reflects this.
The telecommunications regulatory regime established under the Telecommunications Act 1997 and the Trade Practices Act 1974 is monitored by the following regulatory agencies:
- The Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy
- The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and
- The Australian Communications and Media Authority
Other relevant bodies within the telecommunications regulatory environment include:
- The Communications Alliance, a self-regulatory body established by industry;
- The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, the office of last resort for consumers unable to resolve a complaint with their service provider.
Optus' Corporate & Regulatory Affairs team interacts with each of these regulatory entities.