You can stand still or you can move forward. You can take tentative baby steps or you can take giant strides.
At Optus we've never been that keen on just standing still, waiting for something to happen. And taking tentative steps gets you no place fast. That's not our style. That's why we moved to Macquarie Park in 2005. It was a big step but it's one that reflects our commitment to transform and grow the company.
Is it a step in the right direction? Yes!
A collaborative environment
The campus at Macquarie Park is made for Optus, the way we want to work, interact, rest and play. Our home is a self-contained state-of-the-art campus: six, interconnected, low-rise buildings set on seven hectares of landscaped grounds. The emphasis is on open-plan design and shared spaces where ideas can be exchanged. Each floor has its own 'town square' acting as the focal point of business and social activity.
This is a workplace that can help you reach your full potential.
Optus Centre Sydney at a glance
The campus boasts:
- hundreds of meeting rooms
- dedicated training rooms
- relaxation and collaboration areas
- four parents' rooms
- three first-aid rooms
- a multi-faith room
Only a few steps away, on-Campus services include:
- a fully equipped gym with group class timetable
- an ABC Childcare facility
- a wide variety of food and beverage outlets including our food court and licensed bar/bistro
- a convenience store
- three ATM machines
At Macquarie Park you can salary package childcare and gym membership, which can potentially save you a few hundred dollars each year.
We use many of the technologies we promote to our customers at our Campus:
- the latest in audio visual technologies
- Super fast data speeds
- IP telephones
- Campus wide WIFI access so you can take your laptop outside if the mood takes you
- Smartcard purchasing
- 24-hour security
We want to be a great neighbour and have set up a range of ways our people can engage with the local community including community volunteering, partnerships with Macquarie University, bush regeneration and schools programs, and donation of computers to the local Salvation Army outreach centre.
Flexible work options and tools mean that you can stagger your hours or work from home (if appropriate to your work commitments).
Optus has gone all out to get you to our Campus quickly and efficiently.
- By ride-sharing you can secure yourself one of the on-campus parking spaces
- If you decide to take public transport:
- All Optus people have exclusive access to a network of express buses to Campus offering frequent departures from Wynyard and Parramatta as well as a Nightlink Shuttle, and costs only $2 per trip (each way)
- Public buses and trains also service Macquarie Park. The nearest City Rail station to Campus is Macquarie Park, an 8 to 10 minute (800 metre) walk
- Can't afford the lump sum for an annual ticket? Optus offers a travel pass loan
- There is also opportunity for ride-sharing, permanent parking, casual parking, cycling and motorcycling facilities
For the more energetic there is an on-site gym, a versatile sports ground and secure parking for 330 bikes. As well, there are plenty of showers, lockers and changing rooms situated around the campus.
Our Campus is green in more ways than one. Our 1.6 million litre underground water tank collects rainwater used for toilet flushing and irrigation. And we're aiming for a 90% recycling target.
The Optus Campus is a giant stride forward. We are creating a working environment unlike anything else in Australia, one that will be better for our people, our customers and our business. We look forward to seeing you there.