Optus strongly believes in developing and rewarding our existing employees. If you join our team, we will support you to explore your potential. We offer many opportunities, activities and programs that can help you grow your career and reach your goals, whatever they may be.
Underpinned by our internal development philosophy that supports a holistic approach to learning and development, we offer you flexibility and choice to manage your career. Examples of the variety of learning and development resources we offer are:
- Support with your career through providing a range of resources and training on career planning and development.
- Access to diverse internal and external training courses on a range of topics, from technical skills to personal development topics like coaching and negotiation. We also support memberships of professional bodies and have an educational assistance policy for those pursuing relevant tertiary education.
- A mentoring program where people who want to learn and grow are paired with people who have the right knowledge and skills to share.
- Optus’ structured Talent Management program ensures high performers grow within the company and reach their full potential.
- Leadership Development in Optus consists of a core program for leaders, as well as a range of diverse development opportunities in line with individual needs and interests.
- A structured induction process to set you up for success in your new role
- The Optus Engineering Cadet Program is a combination of on-the-job learning and TAFE studies for a three-year period. It provides education in leading telecommunications technologies, along with on-the-job experience and employment.
- The Graduate Development Program is designed to provide new university graduates with an in-depth knowledge of Optus and the broader industry, whilst expanding professional and leadership capabilities.