Optus is committed to ensuring equitable access to its products and services by customers and potential customers, and equitable access to employment by prospective and existing staff members regardless of their race, national or ethnic origin, or whether English is their first language.
Optus shares the vision, core purpose and values of the SingTel Group - to be Asia Pacific’s best communications group. Our vision is measured by delivering sustainable shareholder value, maximising customer satisfaction and being an employer of choice. Providing for the needs of people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds is consistent with Optus' vision and mission.
Optus’ Diversity Policy has been developed having regard to and consistent with our vision and mission as well as corporate policies such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and anti discrimination laws.
We are committed to the minimisation and where possible, elimination of discrimination. This commitment covers all areas of the company’s operations, notably:
- Corporate culture
- Marketing activities
- Employment practices: and
- Interaction with the community
Our policy has been developed using the following guiding principles:
- In implementing the policy, Optus will focus on achieving accessibility;
- In implementing strategies in accordance with the policy, we will strive to achieve integration of the needs of people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds with current Optus employment and business objectives;
- In implementing and reviewing this policy, we will commit to a process of ongoing consultation especially with our Consumer Liaison Forum Members; and
- When updating current practices/products we will adopt a culturally and linguistically inclusive focus.
Download the Optus Cultural and Linguistic Diversity Policy in your preferred format.
Optus Cultural & Linguistic Diversity Policy - (word 34kb, last date modified 27/01/2009)
Optus Cultural & Linguistic Diversity Policy - (pdf 20kb, last date modified 27/01/2009)
For a hard copy of the Plan or for a copy in an alternative format, please Contact Us