Optus believes that experiencing the difference charities can make to the community is an important part of understanding how each of us can help, and we encourage our people to get involved.
Our national volunteering program gives all permanent employees (excluding franchised stores) one day of paid volunteer leave a year. Employees can then choose to use their leave for team or individual volunteering activities with one of the Optus Workplace Giving partners, or select their own favourite charity to support.
In addition, our people volunteer their own unpaid time to mentoring programs and to assist with various fundraising activities throughout the year.
Optus Volunteers are ready to help
With the support of an Optus Community Programs Executive and a Goodcompany Program Manager, yes4Good is an active, up to date volunteer database to help Optus people find the right volunteer opportunities nationally.
Optus ensures that our team of 10,000 nationally can help where they are needed most in their local community.
Optus people have contributed over 60,000 hours to Community organisations through our Corporate Volunteer Program since 2007, but there’s still more work to be done and willing volunteers waiting to help.
Optus reward volunteers up to $100 per employee per year in the form of a charity gift voucher that can be donated back to the charities on the yes4Good website.
Does your charity or not for profit organisation have a need for volunteers in any of the following areas?
- Skilled volunteering
- Non skilled volunteering – cleaning, maintenance, cooking, gardening
- At your offices or sites
- Team or individual
- May be an event or one off need
Please review the below considerations and email email@example.com with any applicable requests.
Optus Volunteering Guidelines:
- Submitting a volunteering request to Goodcompany does not guarantee that required volunteering numbers will be met by Optus staff. Volunteering is optional and staff must register and confirm interest in submitted activities.
- All charity/non-profit organisations must hold public liability insurance for volunteers
- Any activities that involve political or religious lobbying, illegal activities or that are not compatible with Optus Corporate Social Responsibility objectives will not be selected.
- Any activities undertaken by Optus Volunteers must adhere to industry OH&S requirements.
- According to state and territory legislation, volunteering activities must only involve peoples older than 18 years unless a police check is coordinated by the charity/non-profit organisation.